Nowadays, a diving frenzy is emerging. Before diving, you must prepare a variety of equipment, and diving suits are one of them. The diving suit can not only keep warm, but also prevent the diver from collision damage when diving. In fact, in addition to making diving suits, diving fabrics are also widely used in other fields due to its characteristics. The following editor will share with you some knowledge about diving fabrics, let's learn together!
What is diving fabric:
The most common wetsuit fabrics are nylon cloth and lycra cloth. The central lining is made of foam rubber. Therefore, as long as the thickness is the same, the warmth of the wetsuit made by the two kinds of fabrics is the same.
1. The difference between the two fabrics: In the surface fabric, one is nylon cloth and the other is Lycra. Lycra cloth has more threads per unit area and dense knitting, so it is more wear-resistant. In addition, the elasticity of lycra is better, so the diving suit made of lycra is less deformed.
2. The life span of the two fabrics: Lycra wetsuit has a longer lifespan than nylon wetsuit.
3. The price of two kinds of fabrics: Nylon fabrics have a place in the market, mainly because their prices are relatively low. Relatively speaking, the price of Lycra fabric is relatively high.
4. Non-functional choice: As there are many colors available for Lycra fabrics on the market, if you want your diving suit to be dazzling and beautiful in the water, Lycra fabrics will be a better choice.
The diving fabric can not only keep warm, but also protect you from scratches, abrasions, etc. from coral reefs. Generally speaking, there are three basic styles that are popular on the market, namely
1. Jellyfish clothing (tights)
2. Wet suit
3. Dry wetsuit.
Diving fabric characteristics and scope of application:
Good weather resistance, ozone aging resistance, self-extinguishing, good oil resistance, second only to nitrile rubber, excellent tensile strength, elongation, and elasticity, but poor electrical insulation and storage stability. The use temperature is -35～ 130°C. In addition to diving suits, diving fabrics are also widely used in sports protective gear, body shaping products, gifts, insulation cup sets, fishing pants, shoe materials and other fields.
Moreover, diving fabrics have long been used by many designers in fashion, and they have gradually become the trend of the new season with their excellent plasticity and comfortable touch. From the catwalk to the street, from celebrities to mashups, the appearance rate of wetsuit fabrics is exploding. Because of the particularity of the material, the clothes made of diving fabrics look very textured, and they will not naturally form a silhouette because of the human body. Large-profile overcoats, printed pullovers, fishtail skirts, deconstructed skirts, crisp waist dresses, etc., the flat and concise appearance is the key, and the three-dimensional and skinny sculpture creates a technological style.
Advantages of diving fabrics:
1. Protect the product and prevent wear;
2. The material is flexible, reducing the damage to the product due to collision;
3. Lightweight and comfortable, it can also be carried and used alone;
4. Fashionable appearance design;
5. No deformation after long-term use;
6. Anti-dust, anti-static, anti-scratch;
7. Waterproof and airtight, can be washed repeatedly.
How to wash diving fabric:
The washing of diving fabrics is easy to use daily washing liquid. Because the diving fabric itself is waterproof. It is best not to expose to the sun for a long time after washing, and let it dry naturally. Long-term exposure will cause the rubber to age and affect the feel.